Hi! I’m Vanessa. I have a husband named Dan and three kids–Charlotte, Emmy, and Theo.
Things I love:
- my friends and family (naturally)
- iced tea
- the ocean
- talking to other people about shared experiences
I started Williams Syndrome Smile with these intentions in mind:
- to encourage compassion for others–especially for those who have special needs
- to share my story with kindred spirits
- to develop a creative outlet for everything that has been swimming around in my head
Feel free to send me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. I promise to respond. When I was a newly-diagnosed parent, I was very confused about my daughter’s diagnosis, and I felt completely alone and afraid. I immediately thought of the website of a very popular blogger who also has a child with special needs, and I reached out to her right away. I spilled out all of my feelings, desperate for someone to just say, “I understand.” But I never heard back, and it took me a while to figure out where else to turn. I’m positive that she gets a trillion emails a day, so I can’t hold it against her. But I don’t want to ignore any email that comes my way because I know how alienating this experience can be–at first. So if you want to reach out, please do, and I will respond!